HOW MUCH WILL TREATMENT COST?
The diagnostic testing can range from $200 on up. Treating cancer with surgery could cost $1,000 to more than $15,000 depending on the complication of surgery and any additional therapy such as radiation or chemotherapy. Costs can also often vary depending on where you live.
There are many options available for financial assistance. For example:
- CareCredit is a healthcare credit card that may be used for veterinary services
- The Citi Health Card is another similar credit card product.
- Pet insurance is a health insurance plan that may cover medical treatment for various conditions and situations. There are many companies and coverage plans available ranging in price from $3.00/month for accident coverage only to $60.00+/month for more comprehensive coverage.
Here are some links which provide reviews and comparisons for pet insurance:
There are also many non-profit organizations that provide financial assistance. Each organization has its own application process. Some of these organizations provide funds to qualifying veterinarians for your pet’s care, and others will provide funds directly to you.
Find financial assistance organizations (national, regional and statewide):
- Humane Society of the U.S. – lists national organizations and assistance by state
- Rachele Baker – Veterinarian – lists nationwide organizations, state by state assistance and organizations specific to cancer and other medical conditions
- Red Rover – lists financial assistance programs by state or province (U.S. and Canada)
Here are a few which are specific to pet cancer patients: